- early years
- Sale Waterside
- Band 6 £28,050- £36,644per annum pro rata
- 25/02/2019 23:59
About the Trust
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide services across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford – with a combined population of more than 1.3 million people.
Our 6,000 community and mental health staff work tirelessly to deliver the very best care – and provide around 2.4 million patient contacts each year. We are privileged that some of the most talented and leading experts choose to work for us.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. If you’re looking to re-locate, there’s no GREATER place to live and work than MANCHESTER.
Our city offers an outstanding, yet affordable quality of life. Where else does vibrant nightlife and diverse culture meet the peace and tranquillity of the rolling Pennines?
Interviews to be held on 12th March 2019
The Speech and Language Therapy Service provides
- Assessment and intervention for children with speech, language, communication needs and feeding/swallowing disorders.
- Universal, targeted and specialist training for multi-agency colleagues and parents/ carers
- 3 teams designed around the user’s needs and age
- Children with Special Needs
- Children and families in the Community
- Children requiring support in mainstream schools
- Each team is currently professionally managed by a clinical lead SLT and overall by the Team Lead for Speech and Language Therapy.
We are co-located with teams from Social care, education and health in Sale, Cheshire
- To promote EY children’s speech, language and communication skills through the development and embedding of a local pathway and training programme to the wider children’s workforce.
- To take clinical responsibility for the development of a local speech, language and communication pathway and to organise this effectively with regard to priorities and use of time.
- To develop and implement speech, language and communication training programmes and strategies for the Early Years workforce to implement and to evaluate outcomes and ensure on-going quality.
- Regular team and Professional meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Excellent clerical support
- Comprehensive Induction programme
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist with children with communication disorders and their carers
- Demonstrable experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of providing programmes and advice for children with special needs
- Demonstrable experience of providing and developing training packages for parents/ carers and EY staff
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Informal Contact Name: Nadine Arditti
Job Title: Team Lead for Speech and Language Therapy
Contact Number: 0161 912 2592
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0161 716 3181