- Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist
- 12 Months Fixed Term
- Part time: 15 hours per week
- Stepping Hill Hospital and Tameside General Hospital
- Stockport and Tameside
- £45,753 - £51,668 £40,428 to £48,154 per annum prorata
- 11/08/2020 23:59
About the Trust
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We’re really proud of our #PennineCarePeople and do everything we can to make sure we’re a great place to work.
Our ambition is to maximise people’s potential and we aim to promote an inclusive environment and improve the diversity of our workforce so our people truly represent the communities we serve.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
If you come and work for us we will offer a range of benefits and opportunities, including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement for Agenda for Change and Medical and Dental staff.
- 27 days annual leave rising to 29 (after 5 years) and 33 (after 10 years) plus bank holidays pro rata
- Flexible working opportunities to support your work/life balance
- Access to Continued Professional Development
- Involvement in improvement and research activities
- Health and Wellbeing activities and access to an excellent staff wellbeing service
- Access to staff discounts across retail, leisure and travel
If you are Kind, Fair, Ingenious and Determined then we want you to come and join our #PennineCarePeople
Our Rehabilitation and High Support Directorate (RHSD), part of the Trust’s Specialist Services Division, provides low secure care for men and a range of step-down services for both men and women, along with a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) for men.
We aim to support service users to reach their full potential and optimum level of independence and to enhance their life skills and community functioning. The ultimate aim is to enable service users to safely integrate back into their local communities, where appropriate.
Our RHSD services are delivered at nine bespoke units, which are age and gender specific (with the exception of one mixed sex unit) and are located across the Pennine Care footprint either within the community or on a hospital site.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist to work across two of our units as part of the multidisciplinary team (MDT). The post holder will have the support of an Assistant Psychologist.
Hurst Place is a 15 bedded male rehabilitation inpatient unit located at Tameside General Hospital. Bevan Place, situated at Stepping Hill Hospital is a 16 bedded unit which provides mental health rehabilitation and high support to men aged over 50 years.
The post will require you to provide specialist psychological assessment, formulation and intervention to service users who present with complex mental health problems, including psychosis, self-harm and other behavioural and emotional difficulties. You will be expected to attend multi-disciplinary meetings and to facilitate regular clinical discussion groups to offer the MDT reflective space for formulation meetings, case presentations and training. In addition you will provide one-to-one clinical supervision to psychologists and to other members of the MDT delivering psychological interventions. The post will require you to be involved in service developments and governance within the service as required.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
The post holder will be expected to:
- Carry out specialist psychological assessments and formulations
- Offer both group and individual interventions
- Provide a psychological perspective at multi-disciplinary meetings
- Offer supervision, training and consultation to the MDT
- Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
- Doctoral level training in Clinical Psychology as accredited by the BPS and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Evidence of working in an inpatient setting (psychiatric rehabilitation/ PICU/acute)
- Willingness to work as part of a psychology team providing input into the units. Skills in models of service delivery and an ability to articulate the value added by clinical psychology services within the context of multi-disciplinary mental health inpatient services.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment, formulation and intervention
- Experience of providing clinical supervision to other psychological therapists
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of the application of clinical governance and risk management policies
- Skills in providing supervision and consultation to others
- Skills to teach and train others
- Ability to play an active role in service development via evaluation, audit and research
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Rachel Chin
Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Lead for Psychological Therapies in RHSD
Contact Number: 07824 432 955